Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Some Good News & Some Bad News

My husband said that he is a strong believer now about "BALANCE" in life. He said that there definately has to be some good and bad otherwise we would not progress. I guess that proved to be true this weekend.

The good news: My best friend Mariana is coming to live in California. It is such good news because I miss her so much and now I will be able to see her much more often.

The bad news: Got a call late Sunday night from Italy. My grandma passed away very suddenly. She had been sick for a while and we all knew that her tumor was getting worse but we did not expect her to go downhill so fast and I did not get a chance to see her one last time which is what I intended to do. I have been down for the past couple of days. My entire family has had their chance to mourn but I need to "perform" here at home taking care of my two little ones and to top it all off all these extra things are coming up that need attention and I am going "BONKERS"!!!...oh, and my hubby all of the sudden is loaded at work and coming home late...will I ever get my chance to mourn???!!!

1 comment:

serendipity said...

Unfortunately my dear that's how life is for us ex-pats, we can mourn but it's never the same as we can't mourn as if we were there People don't realize what they take for granted. But don't forget her memories live on in your heart and mind and each and every one is private and personal to you and nobody can ever take that away, and most of all she is living on in your family tree with all ìher other ancestors.
lots of hugs
joan in italy